October 13, 2023
What SEACOM's cloud-based PBX can offer your business
Many enterprises use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) telephony services nowadays, as opposed to legacy copper-based telephone wires. There are a few simple reasons, namely reliability, cost-effectiveness and capability. VoIP systems often rely on a cloud-based private branch exchange (PBX), which is a telephony system that is hosted and managed by a third-party service provider.
Cloud PBX provides a flexible, reliable, and easy-to-use voice solution for enterprises. It offers low setup costs, affordable monthly service charges and competitive call tariffs. With its cloud-based architecture, it's a highly versatile communications platform that can adapt and grow with your company's evolving needs.
Virtual PBX is preferable to an on-site system because it eliminates the need for physical servers, hardware, and software. On-site PBX systems often have complicated infrastructure and can consume valuable office space.
It is estimated that companies can save up to 40% on communication costs when they transition to the cloud using a consolidated communications system provided by a single vendor, such as SEACOM. We include maintenance and updates; our voice services include regular software and security upgrades.
SEACOM provides voice PBX services
SEACOM offers a unified communications (UC) platform to enterprises with multiple branches, called Voice. Voice platforms are only as good as the underlying internet and SEACOM is a renowned internet infrastructure and service provider. SEACOM Voice is well-suited to internal communications as well as call centres and customer service operations.
Below are some of the features and benefits of our cloud-based PBX voice technology:
1) Caller management - Cloud PBX provides centralised management of all extensions across multiple locations. There is one phone number for external callers. Inbound calls are directed to specific extensions, phone numbers or departments. It is also possible to transfer calls between internal extensions and calls can be directed to a number of agents. This ensures that all calls are answered.
2) Caller response - Callers hear a customised business greeting when their calls are answered. There is a virtual waiting room for callers where they listen to music or a recording. This is a necessary feature for enterprises with a high volume of inbound calls. It is also possible to add a virtual attendant, whereby callers are guided through the caller journey, including self-service options for FAQs.
3) Call recording - This allows companies to keep a record of all calls, which is useful for monitoring, compliance and training purposes. Voicemail transcription is another useful feature of PBX. Voice-to-email services help employees pick up on important information and the content of voicemails can be transcribed or sent as an audio file.
4) Call reporting - Data from calls can be collected and analysed. With virtual PBX, key information about calls can be used to improve operational efficiency. This data includes information about the number of missed or answered calls, time spent on calls, how many calls were answered by each agent and the peak time of call volumes. Real-time information can be used to monitor usage and efficiency. Reports can be generated regularly and usage is easily tracked.
5) Audio and video conferencing - Cloud-based PBX allows for high-quality remote collaboration; there is no need for companies to use a separate video conferencing platform. This translates into time and money savings as the built-in video conferencing features of SEACOM Voice are highly user-friendly and reliable.
SEACOM’s PBX services are perfectly suited to large organisations that require high-quality audio and telephony. Whether it is for inter-branch communications, customer service help desks or general business calls, our voice services can be tailored to meet the needs of your business.
Cloud-based PBX services are easily scalable – they can be quickly set up and new users can be added in minutes. Our user-friendly interface allows companies to instantly add new agents from anywhere across the country.
Cloud PBX users must have a strong and stable internet connection with enough bandwidth to make and receive calls. If you’re looking to upgrade your telephony and communications systems, then consider SEACOM as a leading ICT services provider in South Africa. For more information about our voice services or to get a quote, email us at email@example.com or leave us a message.
SEACOM owns Africa’s most extensive network of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure, including subsea cables and secure internet connections. We offer a diverse range of flexible, scalable and high-quality solutions for businesses that meet world-class standards for connectivity.
SEACOM is privately owned and operated, making it agile and adaptable to the needs of the customer. This makes us the preferred ICT and internet connectivity partner for African businesses and peripheral service providers. We can guarantee high-speed, low-latency and secure internet connections to corporates and small enterprises.
For more information on our internet and voice solutions, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter. Keep an eye on our news section for insightful articles and relevant news stories on African ICT, internet connectivity and our leading cloud and security solutions.