COVID-19 Response & PrecautionsRead more
Current Job Openings
Browse available positions below. To apply for a listed position please email your CV and Job listing reference number to email@example.com
Sales and Marketing
Johannesburg, South Africa
THE SENIOR MANAGER: BID OFFICE WILL FACILITATE THE COORDINATION AND PRODUCTION OF COMPLIANT, PROFESSIONAL BID RESPONSES (including RFIs, RFPs, tenders, vendor registrations etc).
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant bid responses within a large and complex business environment. SEACOM has an inorganic growth strategy, meaning that the successful candidate will be required to scale to the demand on Bid Office through successive company acquisitions. Resources will be added to the team as necessary and possible.
- Experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, leading storyboarding sessions, facilitating key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance/sign off, document production, and delivery of completed submissions, in electronic as well as physical formats.
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from pre-sales, marketing, product, finance, commercial, legal and delivery teams.
- Proposal automation software (or similar) experience.
- Document template management in line with company branding.
- Strong organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Act as a generalist, understanding client needs and internal capabilities/plans to enhance the quality of proposals.
- Lead efforts (including the recruitment of consultants as necessary) to enhance standard boiler-plate and proposal libraries in support of business units.
- Ensure proposals are properly scoped, identify missing information and evaluate assumptions. Help identify risks and evaluate costs, ensure responses match requirements.
- Help develop presentation materials for both internal and external needs and ensure consistency and adherence to the company’s requirements.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in developing both Private and Public Sector Bids for large, complex opportunities.
- Ability to juggle many stakeholders, projects, tasks, deliverables and timelines
Other skills and knowledge
(Preferable) Degree/Diploma in Marketing or Business Management or equivalent from a recognised Tertiary institution
Other Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant submissions within a complex business environment. The Senior Manager: Bid Office should be experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, leading storyboarding sessions, facilitating key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance/sign off, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal.
- Strong experience in coordinating and updating a Content Management System.
- Ability to coach sales teams in persuasive writing and proposal best practices.
- Advanced MS Word and Office skills.
- An advantage
- Primary – English
- Strong written English language skills.
Head: Sales Operations & Enablement
Other Key Relationships
- Pre-sales / Solution Architects
- Product Managers
- Legal & Regulatory
- Customers and Third Parties (where applicable and appropriate).
Core Responsibilities and Tasks to Accomplish Job Responsibilities
Key Performance Area: Bid Office Processes, Tools and Templates
Core Tasks: Liaise with the various concerned departments for input and prepare and manage bid process as well as relevant tools and templates (boilerplates) that can be used to respond efficiently to customer RFI/RFP bids/ tenders and vendor registrations. This should include all required documentation including, but not limited to Proposals, Corporate Profiles, Project Plans, Terms and Conditions, Service Level Agreements, B-BBEE Compliance, etc.
Key Performance Area: Win Strategy, Pricing and Business Case Preparation
Core Tasks: Develop a win strategy for each new opportunity. Facilitate the solution development, prepare commercials and source pricing approvals. Where necessary, prepare business cases in preparation for pricing approvals - for all tenders and non-standard bids. The role will be measured on metrics relating to bid office wins as a proportion of Group sales.
Key Performance Area: 3rd Party Liaison
Core Tasks: Liaise with 3rd parties to determine statements of work, secure pricing and develop project plans for all complex solutions incorporating off-net components.
Key Performance Area: Tender Responses for both the Private and Public sectors
Core Tasks: Prepare professionally formatted responses to all tenders. For hard copy submissions – coordinate production of artwork as needed, print, bind and package such that the documentation is ready for delivery. Ensure delivery and acknowledgement of receipt well within the deadline.
Key Performance Area: People Management
Core Tasks: Lead and support team members. Change management. Effectively manage employee performance. Recruit, train, mentor and coach employees as required, to build capability and promote efficiency. Promote employee relations, collaborative teamwork, professionalism, accountability and conflict resolution.
Generally, do all such things which, although not specifically referred to herein, are necessary and/or required for the due, proper and efficient rendering of the services for the purposes contemplated by this role.
This job description is subject to change from time to time as business circumstances dictate.
To apply for this position please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.